What if the stereotype that blacks are more criminally violent than other races is true? What if it is true around the world?
Nowhere in this story does it mention that every country in the world in which they have a large presence, blacks have a higher crime rate than all other races. In the United States, blacks are more likely to commit murder than whites by a rate of 10-1.
NYT: “Like hundreds of young African-Americans, he placed his pictures under the hashtag #IfTheyGunnedMeDown, protesting Mr. Brown’s killing by a police officer and the way young black men are depicted in the news media. He said Mr. Brown’s identity was distorted and filtered through negative stereotypes, and that the same would have been done to him with the bandanna image if he found himself the victim of a similar tragedy. The first picture was taken after a jazz concert at the High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in Houston, Tex., where Mr. Atkins, a senior, studies music. The other was taken during a recording for a rap video he made with friends for a school math project.”
TheAtlantic: “The shooting of the unarmed 18-year-old by police on Saturday is part of a long history of violence toward African Americans in the Midwestern city.”
“There is no large city in America more burdened by racial tension and mutual suspicion than St. Louis.”
There is no place in the world filled with different races that isn’t filled with tension.
Steve Sailer writes:
There’s little demand for stories about cops shooting white teens. It’s a big country and bad stuff happens every day…
For anybody who wishes to be accepted as a respectable participant in the Public Square, there are numerous Bizarro Universe conventions that must be observed:
- The New York Times is not part of “the news media.”
- “The news media” is out to cover up white criminal violence against blacks.
- “The news media” is out to stigmatize blacks.
- The problem of young black males is not that they commit homicide at a rate 27 times greater than the rest of the population (according to an Obama Administration study), but that there is a “stereotype” (obviously fallacious) that they tend to be more dangerous.
- White billionaires like Jimmy Iovine who have gotten rich off encouraging black youths to uphold a thuggish image should be celebrated.